Sunday, April 11, 2010

Fashion designers in india

During her London fashion week show in February 2003, Katherine Hamnett, the award winning British designer. sent models up the catwalk in T-shirts that read No War, Blair Out. Get Ethical found out more about her fashion crusade...

How are you involved in ethical fashion?

I have always been an environmentalist and with three children, I am naturally concerned about their future. Relating to fashion, I think it really started in 1990 when I commissioned some research on the impact of the clothing and textiles business on the environment. I was horrified at what I found. The first issue was that there are 10 thousand deaths every year due to conventional cotton agriculture, mostly from pesticide poisoning. It was a real shock, because we designers thought we weren?t doing any actual damage using natural crops when actually we were having this colossal impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment